AADDM is an organisation of medical practitioners, allied health practitioners and others who specialise or have an interest in improving the health and function of the over 500,000 Australian children, adolescents and adults with ID. AADDM aims to improve the health of children, adolescents and adults with intellectual and developmental disability through professional development and advocacy. AADDM has been and continues to be a major contributor to government policy with a remarkable history of successful advocacy leading to widespread changes in healthcare delivery throughout Australia.
- Dr Jane Tracy is the Winner of the 2022 Bob Davis Award - January 2, 2023
- Introducing the Head for the Centre for Developmental Disability Health (CDDH) - July 8, 2021
- 2021-22 Budget Announcement - July 5, 2021
- Nick Lennox appointed Senior Advisor to the Australian Government Department of Health - June 30, 2021
- AADDM advocates for change at the National Roundtable on the Health of People with Intellectual Disability - November 21, 2019